Use the following page to download the package according to your platform.
Windows: an installer is available and the installation should be straightforward; you might as well use the zip package if you prefer. Two packages are availabe: one with the Sun JRE 1.6 bundled, the other one without (the exe is going to locate a JRE 1.6 on the machine before starting).
Linux: you have to unzip the package and then setup the chmod +x of the scripts (bin/dayon*) as well as the location of a JRE/JDK 1.6 (bin/dayon_run.sh). Note that, I've simply tested the scripts but not the application itself as I've only access to a machine in terminal mode. Please tell me if something does not work.
Mac OS: I've not tested the application on a Mac platform (no access to such a machine) but I guess you can use the shell scripts.
Changes for Dayon! v1.2 (January 3rd, 2009)
- Fix possible black screen (assistant) at startup.
- Control support.
- Java Web Start (v1.2 is not compatible with v1.1) to start the assisted.
- Public IP address service (dayonhome.sourceforge.net/whatismyip.php).
- Quickstart guide improvements.
- French localization.
Changes for Dayon! v1.1 (December 24, 2008)
- Protocol improvements (v1.1 is not compatible with v1.0).
- Improved a bit the CPU usage.
- Cleanup initial screen capture encoding.
- New compression methods : BZIP2, LZMA.
- Bitmap cache usage.
- The GUI is a bit more polished.
Changes for Dayon! v1.0 (December 4, 2008)
- Initial release.